The following are the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) applicable in respect of the Melita Community Forum (“Forum”) made available to customers (“the Customer”) by Melita Limited (“Melita”). For more information, please contact Customer Care on 27270270, from your fixed or 100 (call is free) from your Melita Mobile number, or +356 77100100 from any other network.
- The Forum shall be made available online for customers and users to post their queries, share knowledge and experiences about Melita’s Services, obtain /exchange information on Melita’s Services and help other customers.
- These Terms stipulate your rights, obligations and restrictions that apply when using the Forum. By agreeing you acknowledge that you: (a)have read, understood and agreed to these Terms; (b) will only use the Forum to post, send and receive messages and material that are appropriate and related to Melita’s Services and the Forum’s purpose (c) will not engage in misuse or illegal use of the Forum in any way.
Eligibility and Acceptance of Terms
- To use the Forum, you must be 18 years or older, and a Melita Customer or otherwise querying on Melita’s Services. Access to the Forum is granted by logging in with unique username and Password.
- The Forum shall be used for personal and non-commercial purposes.
Amendments to Terms
We reserve the right to (a) make changes to these Terms of Agreement at any time. An updated version will be made available online and continued use of the Forum is deemed as your acceptance to such changes.
When using the Forum you shall:
- Maintain confidentiality of the login names, passwords and other confidential information to use Melita’s Services and the Forum;
- Use an up-to-date virus-scanning program;
- Refrain from providing information which you do not wish to make public including but not limited to sensitive personal data, and payment or credit card information. Users must not include the faces or other personal information of any persons other than the user himself. Melita shall not be held liable for any use or misuse of data which you have provided in the Forum.
You undertake not to upload, post, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make any material available on the Forum or otherwise use the Forum:
- To commit a criminal offence or in any case for any illegal purpose;
- To send any message or material which is illegal under the laws of Melita, or the laws of the recipient or under international conventions, codes or regulations applicable to the Internet;
- To incite violence, sadism, cruelty or racial hatred, facilitate prostitution or paedophilia or to distribute/ make available any content, material or engage in communication which is pornographic, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, defamatory, menacing or which in Melita’s reasonable discretion is inappropriate.
- To create and/or introduce intentionally or through negligence into the Forum or Melita’s Network any virus, Trojan horse, spyware, adware, malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other destructive or contaminating program or advise any other party how to do so;
- To invade the privacy of other users of the Forum or the Internet in general, including sending unsolicited communications and/or advertising ("spamming") nor to collect or transfer personal data on individuals without their consent and/or confidential information or breach of the rights of privacy;
- To impersonate any other person or legal entity or attempt to use another user’s login details and/or password;
- To post any content which is defamatory against Melita or other third parties;
- In any manner that is illegal and unlawful or in breach or any laws, codes or regulations including but not limited to infringement of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights ("IPR's"), defamation, theft, fraud, drug-trafficking, money-laundering and terrorism;
- In any manner that is detrimental to the quality and the objective of the Forum, detrimental or defamatory for Melita’s reputation or to discuss topics which are unrelated to Melita’s Services and/or Network
Our responsibilities, rights and remedies
- Melita shall will endeavour to provide and make the Forum available for its Customers, however we are unable to guarantee that the Forum will be uninterrupted and/or fault free and we do not guarantee its availability all times. Melita shall not be held responsible for any interruption or unavailability of the Forum.
- Melita shall have the right: (a) monitor and moderate the Forum in any manner it deems fit; (b) not to accept, and/or remove /delete any communication, or material that is inappropriate, offensive, communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Melita wishes to associate itself or is in any manner illegal or in violation of the law or any of our terms/policies ; (c) improve, modify, or change the Forum or any features; (e) hold you liable for any damages resulting from the violation of these Terms; (e) block access to the Forum if so required due to technical or operational reasons or by any applicable law or lawful order issued by any competent court, tribunal or authority; (f) upon a lawful request, make any data posted by you on the Forum available to any competent court, tribunal or authority.
- In the event of breach of these Terms, Melita shall take any action as necessary including but not limited to reporting breaches to the relevant authorities and terminate or suspend your Forum account without any prior notice.
Content and Intellectual Property
- Any content you upload or make available in the Forum is owned solely by yourself and you remain solely liable for what you upload and/or post in the Forum.
- Any content you upload or make available may be protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights. Customers accept and agree that their content is made public in the Forum and may be manipulated, distorted, adapted, modified, stored or forwarded by others without restriction and Melita shall not be responsible or liable for such acts. You agree not to manipulate, distort, adapt or modify any other content without the prior consent of the holder of the rights of such content.
- By using the Forum you grant Melita a free, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use anything that you make available in the Forum.
- All intellectual property rights in the Forum or content, logos, documentation and other material made available by Melita shall remain at all times Melita’s property and may not be reproduced without our prior consent. You have no licence or right to use any trademark, logo, or copyright of Melita or of any third party.
- By participating, in the Forum you release Melita and its directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Forum and/or claims brought against you by third parties.
- You will indemnify Melita against any claim, loss, damage or incurred by Melita resulting from: (a) your misuse of the Forum or of the information accessible through the Forum; and (b) any third party claim of infringement of any intellectual property rights arising from material you have posted on the Forum.
These Terms shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of Malta. The parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.
- By making use of this service, Melita shall process your personal data in accordance with Maltese laws and all other applicable laws.
- Melita may need to share your Personal Data with a public authorities or law enforcement agencies and to third parties that provide services to Melita.
- You have a right to: (a) access, rectify and port out the Personal Data Melita holds about you; (b) request that MELITA erases your Personal Data, or (c) oppose to the processing of your Personal Data where conditions allow this.
- Any queries you may have regarding Melita’s processing of your Personal Data may be addressed to Melita’s Data Protection Officer via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Data Protection Officer, Gasan Centre, Imriehel By-pass, Imriehel, Birkirkara BKR 3000.
- This notice is governed by the laws of Malta. For a more detailed overview of how We process your Personal Data, kindly visit https://www.melita.com/privacy-policy/.
Account deletion and termination
- Melita reserves the right to, discontinue providing the Forum, or any part of it, with or without notice at any time.
- You can request to delete your account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com from the email address associated with your account and request that your account be deleted.